Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Update on Wot I've Been Doing

I've been a bit of a bad blogger latetly. Here's why.

1. Am in the the middle of second pass edits for my first Entangled book. For those who are curious, the first pass addressed major things like changing around some scenes, putting in a couple of extra scenes ( I had to rewrite a chapter), amp up the black moment etc. But second pass edits get down to the nitty gritty such as deleting repeated words and unnecessary description, being told to twist cliches (I'm being told to 'make it funny' a lot. So I'm sitting there going 'okay, make it funny. Make it funny'. Is NOT easy!), rewrite paragraphs, clarify phrasing etc. It's fiddly. And it has to be done by...tomorrow. Argh!

2. Have sent away my fourth Samhain proposal - a linked book to my Dirty Virgin Hero - and am angsting about it. Oh yeah, the angst never stops over here.

3. Have been working on a Single Title series idea (yes, I finally have one!) that the agent really liked (YAY) and will probably start to be shopped around at some stage. EEEEEK!!!!

4. Have feedback on the partial of my third Entangled book and need now to finish it by April. This will involve rewriting chapter 1.

5. SCHOOL HOLIDAYS! (need I say more? No, I don't think so)

6. Cover art and blurb forms came for my Chessman (Black Knight, White Queen).

7. I also confess to spending quite a bit of time fantasising about going to RWA in Atlanta this year, looking up flighs and staring disconsolantly at my Visa statements...

So there you have it. And all of that adds up to - BUSY!

And then I have Finn releasing in A MONTH!!! And  at the same time I'll receive first pass edits for my second Entangled release, plus edits for the Chessman which has to be done by March.

Oh yes, and I'm in the process of updating my website and moving my blog (I'll post when that happens) so I can be all professional and such.

*collapses*

What about you? What has everyone else been up to?

5 comments:

Amalie Berlin said...

For the past few minutes, I've been up to boggling at your itinerary!

Exciting, but exhausting-looking!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Amalie - I'm boggling myself! Am hoping the excited part will take over soon. ;-)

Caroline said...

Phew! "What have I been up to?" Answer: Not as much as you, Jackie! Go you - Caroline x

KarenB said...

Wow I'm really impressed with how much you have going on. I'm still waiting on my requested mss with Entangled - 5 months and counting. Hope to have my romantic thriller ready to go at the end of the month and then I'm going to polish an old mss which had characters I love but not enough conflict, then it came to me and bingo I can't wait to get back to it. Can't wait for your first book, reading your blog has really helped when I've felt like giving up and over the last 5 years. Fingers crossed that this is the year.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Caroline - Ha! Thanks. :-)

Karen - Woohoo re your Entangled mss! And the other ones too. You sound like you're going great - that's exactly what you have to do to sell. Keep writing. Keep sending stuff out. Good on you.
And thanks so much re the blog. I've got my fingers crossed for you too. Never, ever give up!